Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Birth Control Free

Birth control is miserable. I was on Depo for a little less then a year and got off of it b/c there were studies about Depo and osteoporosis. Then I got back on the pill – which was plain miserable. Birth control (hormonal) is perfect in one sense – it killed my sex drive and dried me out (in places that don’t like to be dry) – no sex drive means no sex which definitely means no preggers. I went to my OBGYN last fall and she suggested that I could try different types of BCP (birth control pill) but that essentially they all had the same effect – dryness and killing of my sex drive. Some girlfriends have told me that there personality was altered when they were on the Pill (well that’s just creepy).

Of course my husband, who is AMAZING, has been on me to get off of birth control for so long. He read studies and saw the side effects it might have and just simply didn’t want anything F’n with my system. I’ve been birth control free since Fall of 2005 and I love it. My sex drive has skyrocketed – my body just feels good – I feel more like a woman -- Depo took away my period for almost a year and now I’m back on my cycle.

It’s not a woman’s duty to be on birth control… and it pisses me off when my friends feel pressured b/c their committed partners BITCH about condoms. It’s your freaking dick put on a god damn condom. And no as a woman it’s not my freaking duty to be the only party responsible for getting preggers f***-face (well that’s what I want to scream at some men). Gals stand up for yourself (decide what’s right for you and your body) – don’t let your man get away with any of this bullsh*t. And hubby I adore you for encouraging me to get off birth control.

2 comments:

Indira said...

You said it sister! (making the typical hand gesture that go along with this phrase.):)
BC pills and patch are evil, I tell you.

Roonie said...

I really think your husband is the last of a dying breed. I will never meet someone awesome like that! But I totally agree - why should women have to be the only ones to shoulder the responsibility of deterring pregnancies? BULLSHIT.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...