Wednesday, May 31, 2006

CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)

Okay -- I am seriously considering being preggers in early 2007. I don’t want to be bored out of my mind at home. I was inspired out of the blue to start volunteering and one thing led to another – I am a bit psycho and can go research crazy – well my curiosity in volunteering led me to CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate).

Here’s the down low from Craigslist:

ADVOCATE FOR AN ABUSED CHILD IN FOSTER CARE
CASA of Los Angeles is currently recruiting Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) volunteers. Trained volunteers investigate the circumstances of children who have been removed from their homes due to abuse or neglect and placed in protective custody. CASA volunteers advocate for the best interest of foster children both in court and in the community.


I would love to volunteer with CASA and dedicate my energy to such an awesome organization. This is the best of both worlds – stay at home raise baby BUT still feel like I’m contributing outside the home. I know – this is in the future.. call me kookie.... I just don't want to become a typical West L.A. housewife -- too much of SF in me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a Therapist in a children's mental health program. My first novel, "Rarity from the Hollow" is now for sale at www.fatcatpress.com. It's the first in a series entitled, "Lacy Dawn Adventures." The protagonist is an empowered victim who saves the universe (science fiction). A percentage of any proceeds will prevent child abuse in West Virginia where I work. More significantly, it was written to enrage readers about the social issue.

I'm writing to request that you tell your staff and volunteers about the novel. While heart-felt, it’s a fun read for anybody interested in the genre. I don't make enough money to properly promote this project and, therefore, depend on people like you.

Sincerely,

Robert Eggleton, MSW

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...