Friday, May 19, 2006

Not Looking Nasty

Ever have those weeks where you can’t get out of bed early…and you just look gross? Well that was my week all week. I kept rolling out of bed around 7:30 (granted I have to be at work by 8:30 and need to drive through LA traffic). I didn’t want to take the time to pick outfits – so I wore black all week (frumpy black mind you). Hair in a ponytail. Couldn’t even think about putting on contacts. Brushed my teeth. Put on some moisturizer and out the door I went in a matter of 5 minutes. I felt so blah and big time fugly. I looked tired, felt tired, and ultimately felt cranky (granted I am having the period from hell).

I kept complaining to hubby yesterday how disgusting I looked. I decided to get a pedicure (it solves many of my problems). All the rage has been these French tip pedicures which look ultra cute. I justified I needed one b/c living in LA and it being awfully hot -- my toes need to breathe in open toed shoes. My feet are ultra adorable right now. So this morning – while hubby tried to keep me in bed – I jumped out of bed and headed for the shower around at 6:30. I actually took the time to get ready. I am wearing a skirt (not black – pretty spring colors), hair is down, contacts on, face polished – I feel radiant and look sexy as hell.

Little things in life – like not looking nasty – can make me feel so good. Who knew? I am so jealous of women who can get their act together everyday.

6 comments:

yasmine said...

hahaha I have a sort of the opposite thing going on, where I'm mainly home all day anyway but - as I was laughing to the sister yesterday - I still shower and change and moisturize my face and do the headwrap and put on some pretty earrings and spray on some body spray and then....go to the bank/grocery store/etc. for some quick errands and then come back home. hahaha soo pointless, I don't know why I even bother.

Bengali Chick said...

Yasmine good for you -- that's some good serious motivation. It feels nice to not look blah. You're motivating me to stop being a slob.

sherni said...

I'm the opposite of Yasmine. I work from home and I don't even get around to a shower until well after lunch. I pick up my husband from the train station in pajamas! But on the days I do get primped it feels so good.

Roonie said...

Every time I see you, you look like a diva!

Bengali Chick said...

Roonie if you could see me today -- definitely not a diva -- perhaps a homeless person?

yasmine said...

ani and sonia - Well, I think I forgot to mention the fact that I sit around and read weblogs all day and don't shower and get ready til, like, 2pm for errands that only take half an hour. ;)

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...