Thursday, May 25, 2006

Over the Counter Makeup

I am no makeup snob. I’m a practical girl. I have already spoken at length regarding my favorite foundation and powder made by Bare Escentuals. I don’t usually carry the mineral veil powder by Bare Escentuals in my purse b/c it’s loose and not easy to carry – you get what I’m saying. So last night I went to Target and my shopping buddy suggest I buy a mineral wear translucent powder by Physician’s Formula. The compact is super cute and I like the brush that comes with it. It gets the job done – covers shine and it easily fits in my purse.

While I love Korres – I’m trying to be fiscally wise – I am a cheap ass (always looking for a good deal) – I just didn’t want to spend the money on my usual milk protein facial cleanser. So one again shopping buddy made a great suggestion -- Nivea Gentle Cleansing Cream. It got rid of all my makeup but it’s soap free and very gently on the face (meaning it won’t strip your face of moisture).

All and all – a great shopping experience at Target.

4 comments:

Roonie said...

Oh, but what about the "friend" we made in line? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Bengali Chick said...

What a freaking fruitcake that lady was. I was slightly afraid she was going to clobber us -- no worries though.. I'm scrappy.

yasmine said...

FIRST of all: Dude, I LOVE this new template. Roonie is a freakin' genius! I almost want to eat this rocking new layout. =)

Secondly: I haven't been much into makeup the last several years, mainly because I'm too lazy to put it on, and also too lazy to remove it at the end of the day and thus I mess up my skin when I behave in such a stupidly lazy manner.

Lately, though, I've been trying out the Neutrogena Mineral Sheers [via oh my thats awesome], which is really nice and light. The only problem is, it's so nice and light that - on the days when I do actually brush it on - I forget I'm wearing anything, and thus never get around to touching it up later on in the day when it's necessary to do so. Maybe if I wore it more often, I'd remember... Hmmm.

I love your (and Shopping Buddy's) Phys.Formula translucent powder suggestion. I'll be looking into that - especially since I love Target and am always looking for excuses to be there anyway. ;)

Bengali Chick said...

I saw the mineral sheers -- I'm definitely going to try them out. I wonder if they're similar to the minerals I use -- definitely more affordable.

I have a very hard time washing my face at night -- even with mascara on my eyes -- it's horrible.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...