Monday, June 5, 2006

Bengalis Can’t Hold Their Liquor

Okay maybe that’s not true – but this Bengali sure can’t (neither can my family). Reminds of my wedding (I’m Bengali and hubby is Punjabi). Both sides of the family got trashed – but it was only my family that got rowdy – just couldn’t hold their damn liquor.

This weekend was packed with too many adventures. I’ll skip to the highlights:

Farmer’s Market
Oh how heavenly – fresh vegetables. Amazing colors. I went crazy – buying everything – I have a lot of produce to cook this week!!!! My mouth is watering.

Club LAX
I got in for free b/c they were shooting a show. Drinks were flowing – for free as well. I thought I paced myself well – I had 2 vodka cranberries and a cosmo in a period of 2.25 hours. I’m on the dance floor with hubby and the girls and I grab hubby and tell him we need to go outside (all of a sudden I felt sick). On Hollywood – I am puking my brains out… it even splattered on my new white leather heals. Not that I cared – too dizzy… the spins.. the nausea.. oh the glory of drinking.

The location of my apartment is groovy – in the Hollywood Hills – but in walking distance to lots of cool stuff (i.e. Club LAX). So hubby and I stumbled home. I passed out for 30 minutes. My friends showed up for an after hour party (apparently I had agreed to it in my drunken stupor). The party was fantastic. Of course we got more so inebriated – after the puking I was all good to rock on.

Of course I spent all of Sunday hung over – on the couch -- was it worth it? Hells yeah.

P.S. I’m not some lush – I literally haven’t gotten drunk or even tipsy for that matter in 6.5 months.
P.P.S. Never made it to Sunday mimosa brunch – but I was ambitious hoping that I would – it’s all that matters.

4 comments:

oz said...

LOL! Ok that's why noone opened their windows to see when I was screaming "Ani" from the streets. Since I was in Hollywood Hills I though I might pay you a visit. Alas, didn't have your address. Screaming didn't help. Sigh.

T. said...

Club LAX for free??? you for real? Last time I went, the good charlotte guy was spinning and it was ridiculously money.

Friggin' Hollywood...

sherni said...

Yay for a fun night! =)

Bengali Chick said...

Definitely a fun night Sonia.

Oz holla at me next time you're in LA:)

Taz I know Hollywood is ridiculous. I'm just not willing to pay an outrageous cover charge! I'm glad I got to go for free -- the place was pretty darn cool (minus all of the fake breasts spilling out of women's tops).

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...