Friday, June 23, 2006

Over-extending myself?

I am straddling the fine line between enjoying life to the fullest and over-extending myself.

*Work: crazy – 40 open cases (putting in mad over time hours)
*Gym: 4 times a week minimum going for at least an hour (live in freaking West LA -- must look good)
*Volunteering: Los Angeles Indian Film Festival (mad work – but I love it – it is consuming my evenings). Signed up to volunteer @ Artwallah this week too (oh jeez)
*Book Club: Haven’t even touched the book I’m supposed to read (but the girls in the club are fab)
*Class: Taking classes for certification in my area of expertise @ UPenn which my agency is paying for (I haven’t even started studying but this will be amazing for my career)
*Social Life: I HEART my friends and I make time to see them and the evenings get eaten up (but I don’t want to not see them).
*Housework: cleaning, cooking, Oy!
*Hubby: nurture, cherish and have sex with

Am I psycho? I freaking hate being one of those people that now needs to look at their planner first before making plans so I don't double book myself.

Work is the problem -- it consumes too many of my precious hours. I'd make a fantastic house-wife (lunch with the girls, my volunteering activities) -- hmm.. now this is sounding appealing.

2 comments:

Lady Noelle said...

If you feel like you're over-extending yourself, drop one of your volunteer things. If volunterring is your pasion drop a couple hours at work. Or you could just stop working all together and make your hubby work :)

Vijay said...

I like the housewife idea because then you can have lunch with me and our baby-to-be every day. Love you boo!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...