Thursday, June 15, 2006

Tailor – Cost of Doing Business with Co-workers/Friends

So that dress shown below cost me $19.99. It’s a size 4 (the smallest the damn dress is sold in) and needs to be taken in to fit me. I asked co-worker A if she knew any tailors in the area (BAD MISTAKE). So A says to me, “Oh no problem, my sister is a tailor, I’ll call her.” What could I say? So yesterday, after I got out of the gym I drop by to see A’s sister. She seemed very nice. Then the awkward conversation about price started (mind you I researched the going rate for the adjustments I needed for the dress and it was approximately $10).

Me: How much $ should I bring when I pick up the dress on Thursday?
Sister: $30
Me: Oh
Sister: Well what do you think?
Me: I spent $19.99 on the dress… so..
Sister: $20 then, what do you think?
Me: Okay

I know that I’m being charged an additional $10 for the tailoring – but that’s the price of doing business with friends/co-workers. Plus I am sort of a wuss. I still can’t believe this biznotch had the nerve to ask for $30 – highway robbery. I need to not get myself into these pickles.

1 comment:

Roonie said...

You're right - that's total shit. But never do business with her again, and chalk this up to learning!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...