Wednesday, August 9, 2006

Shopping Inquisition



So during lunch we headed down to Ross. Ya know how Ross is, it’s a hit or miss. Today was a total hit. I’ve been looking for a cute, yet trendy, yet business like purse. I found it. I love it. Super professional yet super pink. I also picked up some adorable tops, the polka dot one being very cute. The damage: 6 items a whopping $55.

Then came the Shopping Inquisition when I came home. Dialogue between hubby and me:

Hubby: So what did you buy?
ME: (super excited voice) 2 purses and 2 adorable tops and white Capri pants.
Hubby: So… do you need all the clothes? B/c I looked in your closet which is stuffed to the max with clothes and the dresser is overflowing with your clothes.
ME: Well what’s necessity?
Hubby: Let’s adopt a legal standard of necessity, do you need these items of clothing to obtain the wardrobe of a reasonably stylish woman in Los Angeles?
Me: Well..
Hubby: Wait wait, reasonably does not mean excessively.
Me: Well my co-workers has like 100 shoes.
Hubby: You haven’t answered the question.
Me: What really is necessity? I WANT clothes. I WANT. I WANT. I WANT. Stop being Uncle Scrooge.

I then proceeded to undress and try on my different outfits, prancing around our living room. Hubby stopped complaining.

3 comments:

sherni said...

You're hilarious .. glad you got all the new stuff for cheap though. I need a shopping spree so badly!

Roonie said...

You're a really good bargain hunter. I seriously can shop cheaply, but not as effectively as you can. Teach me, oh wise one!

P.S. - Just want you to know, I'm always reading your blog, but since you have to log in to post a comment, I have to wait until I get home - don't want Big Brother finding out about my blogging habits, because then they'll block that, too!

Bengali Chick said...

Let's go shopping soon Roonie! We need fall clothes, no? You're my faithful of most faithful readers!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...