Friday, August 11, 2006

The Notebook

Yes I watched this "sappy love story" with hubby. Yes I found it utterly heart warming. Yes, I'm an emotional basket case.

I loved this line:

"I am no one special. Just a common man with common thoughts. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul and for me that has always been enough."

By the end of the movie I completely and totally lost it. Tears were flying out of my eyes. After the movie ended I buried my head into hubby's chest and had myself a good cry. I looked up and was overpowered by the fact that hubby too had lost it and had tears streaming down his cheeks and held me as tightly as he could. What he told me was so simple but it broke my heart, "I never knew what happiness was until I met you."

It's moments like those that I realize that all the questions I have about life, work, family, passions … means nothing. I have everything I ever wanted when I am in his arms.

4 comments:

Roonie said...

C-H-E-E-S-Y-! That's my girl! ;)

Bengali Chick said...

You know you can count on me for Maaaaaaad cheese!!!

Chic Mommy said...

this is so cute. and cheesy.

Renee said...

I love that movie! I've known very "tough guys" who loved it too. It's that moving.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...