Saturday, November 11, 2006

My Buddy and Me

When I woke up this morning my darling baby was sick. I had made plans with J Dogg to watch Aerosmith for insanely cheap tonight; however, when hubby is sick duty calls. He had a sore throat and my to-be-mom instincts took over. I made him gargle with a mixture of hot water and salt of course. He refused to drink a warm cup of doodh. But I was able to coax him to take one sucrets and an advil. I really enjoy taking care of my sick hubby. There's a pleasure of stroking his hair while he rests his head on my laps and looks at me with his tired green eyes. It makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

Being sick sucks, but having a buddy there to hold you and love you and take care of you can make being sick quasi-fun. I'm off the store to buy gingerale and vanilla ice cream to make milk shakes for hubby!

4 comments:

J Dogg said...

Wish you guys could make it tonight. Take care of hubby and I hope he feels better soon. We'll all hang out another time!

Bengali Chick said...

I know -- me too!!! You rock out for me and we for sho' will hang out soon:)

Pardesi Gori said...

Do not give garam doodh or milk products of any kind to anyone who is suffering from cough, either a dry one or a mucousy one.

All dairy and white foods like white flour, rice, etc should be fanatically avoided at that time.

Just ginger tea, vegetable soups, etc. More or less a tea and soup fast/vegetable or fruit juice fast is best.

Bengali Chick said...

PG -- Wow I had no idea! I constantly drink tea with lots of milk when I'm coughing. Thanks for the info:)

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...