Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Quintessential Cocktail Dress

Every girl needs a black cocktail dress that fits her body like it’s nobody’s business. I don’t have one. I desperately need one. The hunt has begun.

The holiday party at hubby’s work has inspired the hunt. I know it’s going to be at a swank-ass place in Beverly Hills and cocktail dress is a necessity. Plus, I can rationalize this need – every gal needs that perfect black dress for emergencies i.e. weddings and funerals.

I’ve found some really cute stuff online but I’m just asking for trouble ordering a dress online. The last dress I ordered online had to be tailored and I don’t want to play that game again.

I need a dress that’s really going to fit me and make me look sexy and classy simultaneously without looking frumpy. I don’t have hips and I’m pretty skinny and I do not want to look like I’m swimming in a dress. I usually stick to wearing 2 pieces b/c it’s simply easier to fit my body. Any suggestions before I hit the stores this weekend?

2 comments:

Roonie said...

Frederick's of Hollywood!

Daddy's Girl said...

Little cap sleeves and as little bodice as you can get away with (the sscoop/square thing is cute), would be my suggestion. About the lower half, something with a very gentle bias cut would be nice, I think. So it glides over you. Good luck with shopping!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...