Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Happy Valium Day

I have been jonseing for drugs. I need it. My happy pill of choice is Valium. I get all 4 of my wisdom teeth extracted on Friday with just local anaesthesia. It took 2 weeks to get the pre-authorization from my insurance company. My dentist requested local anesthesia only. What the f*ck? The timing is perfect -- my period is on its way -- as soon as the teeth are extracted I can get back to baby-making. I don't want to give up another month of TTC (trying to conceive) by waiting for 2 additional weeks to get approval for general anesthesia. So fine, I'll have my first surgery ever with just local anesthesia. But damnit all, give me Valium.

I called my GP today and spoke to the receptionist. I was scared of requesting such a hardcore pill. I had verbal diahreah on the phone. I was so afraid she would think I was some OC housewife popping pills and boozing it up. The receptionist very nicely told me to have my pharmacy call in the prescription that I wanted. It was that easy to get Valium!

I have never tried Valium in my life. I'm a bit nervous but it looks like a lot of folks take Valium before the wisdom teeth surgeory. Cheers to getting high legally. This will be like a legal Phish concert.

11 comments:

Tiffany said...

valium....is....gooooood! :) i had a prescription for it when i had my (impacted) wisdom teeth taken out over 14 years ago.

after this wisdom teeth ordeal is over you can get back to baby-makin'! i honestly can't wait for you to join the club. you're going to make one hell of an awesome mommy. :)

sherni said...

yikes - i don't think i could handle valium! good luck with the wisdom teeth and even more luck with what follows =)

Chic Mommy said...

I had all four of my WT taken out around 20 years ago. Gosh I feel so old writing that, but yes, I was about 14. They gave me general anesthesia, and vicodin for the pain afterwards.

But my little sister had hers taken out at age 20 with local anesthesia. She put on her walkman (remember those?) and listened to a Backstreet Boys CD the entire time. They gave her dark sunglasses type things to wear so she wouldn't have to look. I think they gave her both valium and vicodin post-op. It's a rough recovery, but you'll survive.

agk said...

i was only born with 2 wisdom teeth, but i had them extracted using general anesthesia only. it was totally fine! my dentist (an awesome awesome dentist and desi to boot) didn't even suggest general anesthesia; i think it really depends on how impacted they are. the procedure was entirely painless and over before i even knew it. afterwards, i took codeine for perhaps 1 or 2 days, but alleve did the trick just fine.

tamasha said...

I seriously had the best oral surgeon (snicker snicker). I was supposed to get two taken out, but had four instead. General anesthesia is the way to go, but I'm also a fan of the Big V. Xanax is hotness too.

:) Safe teeth pulling.

Bengali Chick said...

Tiffany: I can't wait to be in the club!!! Keep sending me baby dust girl.

Sherni: You know there will be a write up on what my valium high was like!

CM: Great tip! I'm brining my ipod in (I don't want to hear any teeth breaking or being pulled). Of course I know what a walkman is!! I still have an old one:)

AGK: I need stories like yours... helps with the nerves girl!

Tamasha: When I move to NYC -- Fall 08 maybe -- we have to be friends. Xanax is hottness, fo' sho'.

tamasha said...

Fall '08 it is. I'm not going anywhere. We've already bonded over... well, never mind.

P.S. I think you should do a post while you're actually on your Valium high.

Esha said...

^^ Haha I want to read that!

Mediocre Blogger said...

I was lucky, when I got my four wisdom teeth pulled, the pain really wasn't all that bad.

Ganesh said...

i was luckier, MB. mine never had to be pulled!

yeah, yeah, i know: i'm such a bigmouth. ;-)

agk said...

mm-k, firstly, i too will be moving to nyc in fall 08. second, i hope that your dentist tells you not to suck on anything after the removal. GET YOUR MIND OUT OF THE GUTTER! i mean, no straws, no creating suction in your mouth by drinking out of a can, etc. i drank ensure for about 3 days after my WT removal and i had to just let it run down my mouth into my throat carefully. creating suction in your mouth could rip out the "scabs" and expose raw nerve. that = major pain and a trip to the ER. i say this not to scare but to educate. you'll be fine!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...