Sunday, May 20, 2007

Hollywood Farmer's Market = Food Heaven

I woke up at 7:30 AM on Sunday morning and hopped out of bed. I was full of such excitement. Open door glorious farmer's market. I grabbed my canvas bag and zipped on over to find farm fresh free range eggs, vibrant produce and even sinfully delicious gluten free chocolate chip cookies. I went crazy, like a kid in a toy store, and carried as many bags full of produce as I could carry. Everything was super affordable. I'm not joking when I say, if you fill your kitchen with such delicious food, there is ZERO craving for over processed crap food. One of the many reasons I am in love with California: fresh organic delicious affordable produce all fucking year round baby!!!

These cherries are orgasmic. Better than candy. Sweet. Rich. Sinfully decadent.

I don't even like strawberries but fell in love with these organic beauties. Fresh. Fragrant. For dessert I munched on the strawberries and bit of dark cholate. Can we say heaven?

Green goodness. Sugar snap peas. No need to cook. I ate them as is. So crunchy. Forget potato chips or any over processed junk-- I would eat sugar snap peas any day as a tasty snack.

I packed my lunches for the week. A salad bowl and a fruit bowl (cherries/strawberries/rasberries)

The best thing is I feel so healthy without even trying. I'm not giving up flavor. I am excited about going to work tomorrow just so I can eat my lunch -- and that's say a lot if you know me. The beauty of food gets me a bit choked up.

3 comments:

tamasha said...

I am so jealous of your lunch. That looks delicious. And I am psyched about our markets opening here again soon. :)

Sometimes snap peas make my mouth itch when I eat them raw, which is really sad. Peas are, like, my favorite food. No joke.

Esha said...

Wow, I had no idea I wasn't the only one who got excited about going to work just so I could eat my lunch! :)

I love love love farmers markets. Partly why I heart big cities (NYC). I could spend all day shopping for fresh produce and lovely seafood! *sigh* The disadvantages of living in motherf*king country bumpkin land.

Scorps1027 said...

Okay, I am envying your lunch now! Ahh the joys of produce shopping on the left coast:) But as the weather warms, I shall be scouring my own resources in NYC and trying to find some yummy produce of my own. And, and I have to agree organic food just tastes SO much better. Enjoy your yummy treats!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...