Friday, May 11, 2007

Valium is CRAP, Laughing Gas Rocks, Vicadin Makes Me Happy


So I took one pill of Valium. NOTHING. I took a second pill of Valium. NOTHING. What's the hype about Valium? It did nothing for me. NOTHING.

So I'm at the oral surgeon's office flipping out. I was scared shitless. He offered me laughing gas for $120. I'm cheap but sometimes the money is well worth it. Can I tell you that laughing gas is magic? I was in complete and total euphoria. I felt the Novocaine injections (I had 5 or 6) and they hurt like hell but I literally did not give a shit. I remember thinking -- hmmm... this hurts.. whateva...this feels so good. I started crying. I was overcome with complete and total happiness. My husband was in the room with me. I kept trying to say, "I love you."

Dr. Peck is brilliant. All four of my teeth were out in about 5 minutes. I love this man. Afterwards I kept hugging my husband. My love for hubby was incredibly intense (more so than usual)

So now I'm on Vicadin. I don't feel high. But the drug has taken away my pain and is making me feel very happy. The world looks quite sunny. I'm feeling so in love with my family and friends (IRL and blogger buds).

I love all of you. Happy Dance!!!!

11 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

ahhh, yes, the joys of vicadin. i read your earlier post and i've been meaning to comment, but have been playing an awful game of catch-up since i've been back from vacay.

vicadin is certainly a happy, happy, joy, joy pill of choice for me. i had my wisdom teeth taken out and this certainly alleviated all pain and stress associated with this situation.

Chic Mommy said...

This was the one I took as well, after I had my wisdom teeth pulled out. I spelled it wrong earlier (as vicodin), but this was it. Codeine is the main ingredient, and it's the best narcotic ever.

bengali chick said...

Girls I am in love with Vicadin! It's good stuff:)

agk said...

i'm so glad you high-blogged. ;) i find that i love vicodin when i actually need it. but if i try and use it recreationally (you know, not that i DO that type of thing), all it does is make me nauseous and a bit anxious. happy recovery!

Dilly Bar said...

funny as hell

Esha said...

Haha high post. I love it! I've never actually tried any of those things, though I've been curious to try Vicodin after watching House, but I'm getting my WT removed in a month so do share the painful(?) experience!

tamasha said...

So psyched for your high-blog!

Sending you good Mother's Day vibes! :)

Roonie said...

You're hilarious.

maya said...

Yikes! Last year around this time, i got the local for WT removal and *then* flaked hard. Basically i went home with a numb face but all my teeth intact :). Hope the pain is manageable w/o meds. Be well soon!

Loving My Life said...

Too funny! Last year I had extreme back pain and was taken to the emergency room. They immediately gave me a shot of morphine. I was on cloud 29. Hubby was with me and I kept telling him how much I loved him and how great he was (the usual but INTENSE LOL). I can def relate!!

kit-n-kumari said...

hahaha! you're cute and funny.
when i had my wisdom teeth out, whatever meds they gave me were FUUUN. i remember looking up at the ceiling tiles and thinking, "lookit! they are cool!"

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...