Monday, August 20, 2007

A Tofurkey Good Time

This weekend was a good time.

Sicko

We grabbed dinner at Govinda's -- the buffet was healthy, tasty and affordable. Moon's hookup got us into a *free* screening for Sicko at the Fox studio in Century City. I'm not going to write a movie review. I have intimate knowledge of the health care industry and the movie just made me sad. The question is, beyond my sadness, what am I going to do to make change? Probably not enough.

Rollerblading Away the Blues

Saturday was full of rollerblading with friends in Santa Monica. Grabbing grub at my favorite veg place in town (Real Food Daily) Ending the night with a few friends, some vino and a movie.

Tofu Festival in L.A.



Bless you tofu. I had tofu savory and sweet dishes: tofu tostada, tofu salad, okonomiyaki (tofu & cabbage infused pancake smothered in japanese mayo and okonomiyaki sauce), tofu dip, boba drinks galore, barley tea, tofu bread, tofu pasta.. more food than I could stuff in my belly.

Skid Row Premiere in Hollywood

I have to run to the gym for yoga and an hour of spinning before hitting the *free* premiere of Skid Row. [Monday is my Sunday baby!]

Film Summary
SKID ROW, Pras Michel – one third of the successful hip-hop band The Fugees - lives on the streets of Skid Row, an area in downtown Los Angeles infamous for its poverty rate, for 9 straight days and nights as a homeless person. The entire time he and his crew are undercover, using surveillance cameras.
Feel good movie, huh?

3 comments:

tamasha said...

Dude. That's where I ate while this was happening. Only in India. Amazing.

Bengali Chick said...

The food was rather tasty!

ZenDenizen said...

I'm a huge fan of Real Foods Daily! We don't even have anything that comes close to California Vegan standards here.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...