Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm Sick & Cranky, Bite Me

Who knew, I had a wonderful time having dinner and dancing with a mostly desi crew on Saturday night. I ended the night early b/c my stomach became a knife stabbing monster. As I walked back to my car from Little Temple, I saw a ghettoburg helicopter flying overhead because there was a shooting. Got to love L.A.

I woke up Sunday with that dreaded tickle in the back of my throat. I was also feeling hormonal and cranky, my period should be here on 9/4 (I know my cycle that well). Of course when I'm in no mood to talk to anyone, dearest MIL calls. She damn well knows that I am a having a birthday dinner in the Bay on Friday with mom, hubby, Bengali Dude (BD) and Bengali Dude's girlfriend (Shiny) [in-laws are OF COURSE invited]. BD is making me a gluten free pizza from scratch. Shiny is making me a gluten free burfday cake. Good times. Dearest MIL is very much aware of the plans. We'll be splitting the weekend with my family and the in-laws. The first 1/2 of the weekend will be with my family, since Friday is my burfday, and I always see my mom for my burfday. It's normal to see your mother, the woman who gave birth to you from her vagina, on your birthday. And OBVIOUSLY, this will be my 1st birthday where my dad won't be there to hug me, kiss me and wish me a Happy Birthday. [Now I want to cry.] Obviously MIL doesn't get it.

MIL: On Friday we can have a birthday dinner for you at our house. It'll be fun.
Me: [this is fucking awkward as the plans have already been made] Well we already have plans.
MIL: [ignoring me] I just need a days notice to prepare everything for Friday.
ME: [trying to be nice.. holding back my tongue] We really do have plans though with my mom... she always sees me for my birthday.
MIL: Your brother and mom can come to our house.
ME: [am about to fucking lose it.. why the fuck should my whole family commute 2 hours on my birthday to go to my in-laws house????] My mom is excited about me coming over.
MIL: [her victim voice]: Oh okay. It's your birthday. You can do whatever you like.
Me: [no shit] K.. see you this weekend.
She then goes to have this exact same conversation with my husband. Well guilt-ing him didn't work either. It's my birthday goddammit.

So maybe for hubby's 26th b-day next year (I married a young one) I should invite my in-laws to a birthday party hosted by my family. That would go over just swell.

2 comments:

tamasha said...

Holy crap. Your hubby is younger than me!?!

Bengali Chick said...

Tamasha: I like 'em young;)

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...