Sunday, September 30, 2007

East or [North] West

That's been the debate -- moving East or North West. My heart has always been in Cali, so I've been pushing for North West. We've debated for almost a year. We have discussed the issue to death. At first we were planning on moving out East, we had our reasons. There was a lot of hesitations (the Right coast is not the Left coast and it's butt fuck cold out East). After much deliberation, I think we've decided that staying in Cali and moving to the Bay is the best for us. Nothing is set in stone yet, but I'm confident that we will be moving back to the Bay in the foreseeable future.

Roonie and AK: I can't wait for you guys to be back in Cali. You know that I would love it.

Brown Sugar and Island Girl: I hope our blogger dates are the start of something wonderful;)

I've been so afraid of writing this post. I just didn't want to jinx anything. I'm ready for change but also terrified. LA feels like home. Change can give me anxiety. I have a solid crew of wonderful friends in La La Land. The kind of friends that I feel comfortable calling and saying, "What you up to? Wanna chill? Okay, I'm coming over." No plans. No formalities. I love love love my LA girls. The stupid and irrational fear is that I won't have homies in the Bay. Like AK says, "logic must supersede emotion." Homies are important to me. I had them in Patheticut and I have them in LA. I for sure will have them in the Bay. There's too many cool peeps here (the blogging beauties I've met here proves just that).

I leave the Bay tomorrow, but I'll be back!

8 comments:

AK said...

You could always stay in LA! We'd love to keep you there... Los Tacos! (Delia and Basil are coming this weekend and are excited to see you)

Bengali Chick said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be in LA this weekend!

brown sugar said...

Hope everything works out! :-)

MA said...

OMG! You have to move to the Bay. And if you do, we definitely need to hang out. Let me know if you need anything.

Bengali Chick said...

AK: We'll definitely be staying in Cali!

Sugar: Girl, I think it will:)

MA: TOTALLY!!!! I'll be in the Bay this weekend as well.. hubby's still there for business.

brown sugar said...

lemme know if you need any company this weekend. :-)

loveslipgloss said...

girl you know i can relate. SF is so close to LA anyway girl we are all always up there. SF over NYC anyday!!!

kit-n-kumari said...

oh! oh! come up to SF! i'm also here!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...