Monday, October 1, 2007

Dinner with the In-Laws


I intervened and stopped a fight between hubby and my MIL. Hubby worked over a 100 hours last week and this week. He is exhausted. My MIL wanted us to come out to the East Bay for dinner. Hubby had no time to have dinner with the 'rents in the East Bay. His mom was pissed and hubby was pissed. Hubby thought his mom had no respect for the fact that he was sleep deprived and had mad work to do. MIL felt unloved that her son couldn't find time to see her. I got on the phone to smooth things over. I told her that hubby was busy and we couldn't drive out to the Easy Bay b/c if we did hubby would get less hours of sleep that night. I told my MIL that I would love to see her and FIL and have dinner with them in Silicon Valley. So the in-laws came over to the hotel to visit ME. We went to Madras Cafe and stuffed our face with South Indian food. No drama. Just good food and chilling with the family. I felt very much loved. My in-laws drove an hour to visit just ME. Three years later and we have come a long way -- one big happy family. Of course I bitch about my in-laws, that's alway fun. But in all seriousness, they do really love me and I do love them.

I'm super wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Scorps1027 said...

a drama free in law dinner with no awkward pauses or silent tensions. what an interesting concept;) i hope to aspire to these heights one day!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...