Saturday, December 1, 2007

Day 1: Taipei, Taiwan

[View from my window]
I arrived at my hotel around 10 or 10:30 pm. I'm staying at the most ridiculous hotel. This is hands down the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at in my life -- Far Eastern Hotel. Un-fucking real. Thank you hubby's work! [While I was in Colorado for government business, I stayed at nasty hotel. I was fearful of bedbugs.]

I tried to carry my own bags to my room but the hotel staff insisted. That's so weird. I'm just not used to that kind of stuff. It makes me feel very uncomfortable. I jumped into the gi-normous bathtub. Bath salts were provided. I soaked and watched a movie on the plasma. Hubby calls me and says, "can you be ready in 2 minutes, we're going to go out and party, I've got a BMW and a driver." We respectively drive a Corolla and a Honda Civic hybrid. What world am I in??? There's no way in hell I can get ready in 2 minutes. I tell him that I can jump out of the tub and be ready in 30 minutes. He should know better than ask me such a ridiculous question.

Holy shit. The people we were with party like crazy. I have never seen alcohol flow so freely. I was a bit intimidated. What was I going to talk about with these i-bankers? I have nothing in common. I don't think I even like i-bankers. Luckily, the loud club music and the alcohol kept everyone preoccupied. I hella don't mind free champagne. It's so strange to see tons of Asian people in Taiwan dancing to hip-hop. I had mad fun dancing with hubby and not paying for one single drink!

1 comment:

Dilly Bar said...

SWEET!! Im glad vijay has some free time so you can spend it with him. Love the photos...so jealous, wish I couldve been there with you

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...