Sunday, December 2, 2007

Day 2: Taipei, Taiwan

I don't think I have ever slept so well. The most comfie bed, down comforter and pillows. WOW. Hubby and I woke up a bit late. We missed breakfast. However, the hotel offers coffee/tea/soft drinks/snacks everyday from 6:30 am - 11:30 pm. My plate consisted of grapes, wasabi peas, taro chips, nuts & cheese. Hubby got some mini-sammies. I also got a some great java -- cappuccino. All of this shit was free. I seriously can't get over how phat this hotel is.

All of the signs in Taipei are in Chinese and English. I grabbed a map and headed to the subway (MRT). My first stop was the Jade Market. Crazy big. I am not experienced in jade and didn't want to take a chance on getting ripped off. I did tons of jade window shopping. I walked on over to the Flower Market. This is a green thumb's dream come true. Flowers and plants everywhere. Absolutely beautiful. I picked up a guava fruit. I have yet to find a guava in the U.S. that is so juicy, sweet and tender. I wish I had bought an entire bag full of guavas.

I was exhausted from all of my walking. Hubby was at a business meeting and I headed down to the health club/spa. I started off in the steam room, then the sauna and then a jacuzzi that was larger that most pools [all of this is in the women's locker room]. Tons of naked women. I went into the jacuzzi in my bikini and let the jets of water massage my weary body. Someone kindly informed me that I had to go in naked. Well when in Rome.... I finished off with a swim on the roof top pool. The view was literally breath taking.

Hubby found me longing around in the roof top jacuzzi. We cabbed it over to a dim sum place at Din Tai Fung. I don't think I like pork! I detest pork dumplings, weird brown sauce exploded in my mouth as soon as I bit into the dumpling. Eeeew.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...