Thursday, May 4, 2006

Non-Chalky Moisturizer with SPF

For all the brown people in the house --
When I moved down to SoCal I immediately investigated non-chalky moisturizers with SPF. Come now, no gal wants fine lines if it’s avoidable AND the sun is a killer when it comes to aging. Everything I found that had SPF 30 made my face chalky (probably b/c I’m brown). My husband saw me with my Eucerin SPF 30 moisturizer on and he says to me, “Sweetie, you have a tint of blue-white to your face.” I ignored him, what does hubby know compared to this fashion-ista? Well….apparently a lot… I walked into Sephora shopping for mascara of course and the cosmetic girl says to me, “Sweetie, are you wearing SPF b/c your face has a blue-hue.” I was so embarrassed – I am a moronic-fashionista. This is when I diligently researched (only if I had put in this type of energy into the Bar Exam)… I didn’t want to spend a fortune b/c I already have fab moisturizers which cost a fortune. After several trips to Sephora/Rite Aid/Walgreesn… dragging hubby in tote I discovered Neutrogena Healthy Defense Daily Moisturizer, Light Tint, SPF 30 (truly a brown girl’s best friend). Bye bye blue-hue… hello fasion-ista.

3 comments:

maisnon said...

Check out Benefit's "You Rebel" - tinted moisturizer (SPF 15 - which is probably all you really need, there have been studies that have shown that SPF doesn't really go up to 30+ without reapplying. Not sure if that made sense.)

I love Neutrogena products - I'm all about Healthy....crap! What's it called? It's anti-blemish, anti-wrinkle and it rocks.

Bengali Chick said...

I'm so glad to hear this news! I totally had no idea that SPF 30 and 15 are basically the same. I am going to go on a Neutrogena spending-fest (thanks for the tip)
:)

Roonie said...

Seriously, I did not know about this "blue hue" thing. I certainly didn't notice any "blue hues" on you! I use Estee Lauder's DayWear Plus (with SPF 15, but of course!), and I think it avoids the chalkiness...but it's funny you mention Eucerin. I bought it for my trip to Portland (travels well!) and I had to keep rubbing and rubbing to get it to blend in!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...