Monday, August 14, 2006

Dermatologist

So I left work at noon which was awesome. I took off the afternoon b/c I had a doctor’s appointment with my dermatologist. I have 2 skin problems: dry scaly nastiness on parts of my legs from eczema and dry scaly skin on my scalp.

Eczema

MD: Apply a mixture of ½ Aquaphor and ½ Cera Ve Cream 1-2 times per day to hydrate skin.

Translation: When I jump out of the shower I need to quickly with haste mix equal parts of petroleum jelly and good ass lotion and lube up.

Seborrheic Dermatitis

MD: Apply Triamcholene ointment on scalp overnight and rinse with Sebulex shampoo.

Translation: Douse head in mineral oil overnight until oil is dripping and shampoo with a medicated shampoo.

Treatment

MD: There is no treatment, however we can help keep this nuisance under control.

Translation: Thank you for paying me for NOTHING.

WOW – I’m really glad I went to my dermatologist.

6 comments:

Chic Mommy said...

I had SD once too. On my ears! I used Topicort to get the inflammation down, and then started to use Eucerin to moisturize after a shower. Now it's gone, I use a moisturizing soap that does double duty, it's the Dove one.

Bengali Chick said...

I sympathize -- I had it on my eyelids back in highschool!

Roonie said...

This is why I see no justification for paying so much for health insurance out of my precious paycheck!

West Coast Mommy said...

Not to compare you to my son, but he had the same issues when he was about two years old. The dr recommended t-gel for his SD, we applied it as an ointment, not as a shampoo and left it on overnight. Cured it in a couple of days. and for his exzema (i know it's spelled wrong!) we used hydrocortisone ointment. after it cleared up we used cetaphil lotion and that's helped a lot.

Bengali Chick said...

WCM I'm going to try this method! Thank you. Roonie the only problem I worry about is unexpected medical issues. I'll tell you my UTI county hospital horror story when I was uninsured when I see you.

Chic Mommy said...

I second the Cetaphil lotion. Our whole family uses it on our face, and the kids on their body as well. It doesn't sting like baby lotion.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...