Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Meal Starters

I really do think that it's so much easier to make meals nowadays. We have so many options for meal starters. We don't necessarily have to slave over the stove to come up with something healthy and tasty with a home-made flair.

My salvation has been Trader Joe's. I love that store – LOVE it. I try to pick up something different each time I shop at TJ. This weekend I picked up a Marsala sauce. Sauces out of the bottle aren't usually up to par for my food-indulging standards; however, it's easy to jazz up a meal starter and make it taste kick ass.

-Chopped ¾ of an onion and sautéed in olive oil.

-When the onions started browning, I added tons of roughly chopped garlic

-When everything started to smell good, I added cubes pieces of chicken breast (good tip: whenever I buy meat, I cut it up and place it in small freezer bags so it's easily accessible to defrost later)

-After the chicken browned I added fresh cremini mushrooms (love them)

-When mushrooms started getting dark in color and I could smell the flavor I dumped in the Trader Joe's Marsala Sauce.

-While everything was getting bubbly on the stove I added in fresh red peppers, black pepper, dash of salt and lots of sugar (TJ's marsala sauce was not sweet and marsala sauce in my book has to be sweet)

Cooked up gluten free tinkyada pasta and voila dinner was made. It got rave reviews from hubby and Kimmers.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...