Friday, November 10, 2006

New Blogs from Old and Dear Friends

2 blogs I want to highlight:

My friend J Dogg started a blog recently and it's insightful and witty. I've known her since I was 14 -- jeez that's going to be 14 years soon. A sign of getting old I suppose. But I heart her, she's one of my best-friends and I'm glad I have her in SoCal. I'm siked about seeing her tomorrow!!!

Dilly Barr and I have known each other since age 12. She's my girl. The person that if I hadn't eloped would be my maid of honor. Yeah, she's that person to me. If I had a sister I wish it would have been her. She's a smart cookie. Unfortunately her laptop is temporarily broken but she promises me that as soon as it's up and running she'll be blogging again.

Old friends are amazing. The kind of friends who knew you when you were little and have seen you grow up, yet change with you so you never fall out of touch or stop understanding each other. What I love about both of these wonderful ladies is that I never hesitate to be myself with them. There's simply no front and never has to be. I never worry whether in the long run they'll remain my dear friends. I never doubt their sincerity or trustworthiness. I know we have each other's back. Longevity is a sign of a great friendship. Love you both dearly.

2 comments:

J Dogg said...

I <3 you, too! Thank you for the dedication. I cannot believe it has been 14 years! Seriously, though, I really appreciate our friendship and you, too, are one of my bestest friends. I know I can always count on you for sound advice (I am very glad we are on the same level on so many things) or a great time when I am in town, even if we are just doing nothing. You are wondeful, a true gem. You know I got your back and I know you got mine, always. Cannot wait to see you tomorrow, too!

Roonie said...

Errrr...! I am sure I'll read your friends' blogs. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine.

And although I haven't known you that long, I still love you!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...