Monday, February 5, 2007

Big Sister Mode

Children should come in pairs b/c you need your sibling to lean on when a parent is sick or dying. No one else can honestly understand what you're going through besides your brother or sister.

Moving on...

I'm 4 years older than my brother and have always seen him as a baby. I give him advice on school, careers, girls -- you name it, even when it is not solicited. In respect to my brother, I consider myself a fountain of knowledge. Today I had no advice to give.

BD*: What do we do about dad?
Me: I dunno.
BD: You need to know.
Me: I have to no idea how to wrap my mind around this.
BD: You're my older sister, I need you for emotional support.
Me: I need dad.

For the first time, we're equals. We're both equally lost on how to deal with the possibility of loss of this magnitude.

*BD = Bengali Dude

10 comments:

Scorps1027 said...

i'm sorry either one of you has to go through this:/

Anonymous said...

...i can't even begin to imagine going through smth like this...may god bless you and your family...

-ash

It will pass... said...

My heart pours out to you. If there was a magic word that I could tell you to make it easier, I would. Take it step by step, day by day, and breath. You and your brother will grow stronger than ever from this; you must be a team and be each others support. You are in my heart.

~Little Bull~ said...

I don't know what I would do if I were in your sich....and to think, my brother doesn't talk to me unless he HAS to...and he's supposed to be the older more mature one. ugh.
You and your family are in my thoughts....and prayers!

maya said...

I'm sorry that last month's good health report didn't last longer, BC.

Stay strong. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Loving My Life said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. God bless you all.

runner1180 said...

Your family is in my prayers. May God give you and your family the strength that He can only give you.

Mango Pickle said...

It's too overwhelming to deal with. I don't think there's any way to prepare. *hugs*

roonie said...

:(

I'm here for you.

yasmine said...

I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. May your father have good health. Wishing you all goodness and strength throughout these days of uncertainty.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...