Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Picture Perfect: Imperfectly Perfect

Picture perfect makes me gag. What makes people interesting are their imperfections. I can’t relate to someone if they are unwilling to drop their guard and be vulnerable. The things I heart about my friends and many bloggers who I feel connected to are their quirkiness and willingness to be vulnerable, it’s admiring.

I’m an emotional girl. I wear my heart on my sleeve for better or for worse. I post the posts that I do b/c it is where I am in that particular moment. Shauna said it quite eloquently:

This is a blog. My personal accounting of life. My opinions. And an attempt to be an authentic record of where I am in the moment, rather than a prettied-up picture of the self I think I should present.
I’m off to the Bay tonight to see the family, be good, I hope I have I-net.

3 comments:

roonie said...

I agree. I prefer "imperfectly perfect" myself.

It will pass... said...

Shauna hit it right on the nose. I like Roonie's too.

Meena said...

Hey! I just came across your site from Shauna's, and I think you have a wonderful way with words. I love the way you write and enjoy reading every bit of it! Keep up the good work.

Hove to see you by my site sometime!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...