Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Books & Booze

Monday my book club got together to discuss Killing Hope. Yup, a heavy yet interesting read. This month's book club hostess put together a delicious spread with my favorite drink, bubbly. A deliciously fizzy alcoholic drink paired together with a heavy book is a perfect combo. I drank about 3-4 glasses of bubbly in the span of 4 hours while noshing on tons of zesty treats. 3-4 drinks and a quasi-empty stomach is bad news bears for this light weight chick. I got home and puked my brains out. I passed out, fully clothed, on my bed.

I woke up at 5 am on Tuesday feeling drunk. I stumbled to the bathroom to take a shower. Everything just hurt. I tried to down some water but ended up running to the toilet to puke again. I attempted to straighten my hair, but had to take several breaks where I lied down on my carpet in the fetal position. End result of straightening while hung over = frizzy ass hair.

I think I'm done with alcohol for a very long time. I can't hold my liquor. This is perfect timing (my hatred for alcohol) because as soon as my wisdom teeth are pulled -- I will be gearing up to conceive Benjabi. Let the detoxification begin. Goodbye booze!

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...