Monday, April 23, 2007

Girl Crush


By girl crush I don't mean my desire to go muff diving (check out urban dictionary for appropriate definition). I met a gorgeous, I mean beyond model-esque gorgeous, chick this weekend. She was also unpretentious, ultra cool and totally down to earth. Her beauty was mesmerizing. I couldn't stop staring at her. We were in the bathroom together applying lipstick and tugging on our respective hair (we became fast friends).

Eve: I forgot my lipstick. Damnit. Could I try on some of yours?
Me: [Felt super cool. Her makeup was flawless and she wanted my lipstick??] Of course. Here ya go.
Eve: Does it look okay?
Me: Looks awesome on you. Dude my hair sucks. I tied it back b/c I only got a chance to straighten my bangs. I see frizz.
Eve: Don't worry about the frizz. You're absolutely gorgeous.

Girl crush called me gorgeous. Her compliment means more than a compliment given by any boy or hubby for that matter. Hubby has to love me, he's hubby, his opinion is so tainted from the love in his eyes (of course hubby if you're reading this, keep telling me I'm the hottest thing alive). Ladies you know what I'm talking about? When a smoking hot woman calls you hot, you feel super hot.

At the end of the night, girl crush gave me her number and email to chill in the future. Yay. I feel ultra-hip.

13 comments:

roonie said...

I need more details about this woman.

tamasha said...

I definitely know what you mean. It means a lot when a random woman (especially a hot random woman) tells you you're gorgeous!

P.S. I love the picture in this post. :)

kit and kumari said...

i totally got ya on this.
i have a chick friend like that who is so cool, so smart, so strikingly beautiful--and a brit to boot!-- that i can't help but feel more special because she thinks i'm cool.

yeah, yeah, husband loves me, but this girl LIKES me.

Ghetto Photo Girl said...

Aww, that's so sweet.

And yes, more details, please!!!!!

~Little Bull~ said...

I always feel super hot when another hot girl compliments me...totally out does any compliment from a boyfriend...

more details...more details!

Elyria said...

Oh absolutely it means more when a woman compliments you. I take what Mr E says with a grain of salt as he says I look hot when I wake up in the morning and I assure you, my look could scare little children.

agk said...

i love girlcrush. compliments from a pretty girl are so much more fun than a hot guy :)

Chic Mommy said...

I love the pic at the top, and I can so relate to it. It always feels good when someone beautiful tells you you are beautiful.

Tiffany said...

muffdiving? LMAO!

my girlcrush is gwen stefani. :)
and i totally think a compliment from a hot chick COMPLETELY outweighs any from a man. we women are much more picky and catty. for her to have complimented you and then hooked you up w/ the digits and the email...? stellar. you go and enjoy your girl crush while i contemplate the sex offer from my gay boyfriend. lol i still can't believe he offered...and meant it. :)

brown sugar said...

girl crushes are the best! ;-)

Jeet said...

as somebody above said, I need more info for this woman.

See now the same couldnt be said for guys. If a guy calls me hot in the bathroom, I am running the hell outta there. guys are not supposed to have "bathroom talks"

ps. you should tell your hubby about your girl crush, like every other guy, its prolly one of his fantasies

Bengali Chick said...

guys, i wish i could give you more details.. but only a picture would do justice!

jeet: i told hubby about my little girl crush. he thinks i'm crazy. but that's not new.

trollerboi said...

Jeet's comment had me laughing till it hurts. Womens live just such different lives I swear.

Imagine the scene in a bathroom.

Evere: I forgot my rubber. Damnit. Could I try one of yours?
Me: [Felt super cool. He looks like an Adonis and he wants my condom to fit on his johnson] Of course. Here ya go.
Evere [Trying it on]: Does it look okay?
Me: Looks awesome on you. Dude my hair sucks. I pull it back b/f I try it on but it gets stuck. I have frizz.
Evere [Looking at me]: Don't worry about the frizz. You're absolutely gorgeous.
Me: Thank you.

And so it goes.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...