Thursday, May 17, 2007

Romance, In Its Simple Form, Is Beautiful

I think a lot of men assume that romance = spending money. Not so my friends. Romance is taking the time/consideration to show that special someone that you care. It's not about flowers and diamonds and spending money. Bling bling don't necessarily mean a thang.

I fell asleep last night with my cell phone near my ear. I called hubby's work and he put me on speakerphone. The click click click of hubby's computer keyboard put me to sleep. Hubby must have read my blog before he came home at 5 am. He gently whispered in my ear, "honey, wake up, I want to kiss you.. a real kiss." I remember the passionate lingering kiss. I fell asleep immediately afterwards. That was simply romantic.

This morning I received unconcious romance. I kissed hubby goodbye as usual. This time he talked to me in his sleep. He grabbed me. Wrapped his arms around me. Then he said, "I miss you so much. I love you. Don't ever go. Stay here." I honestly thought about calling out from work. I gently told him that I had to leave for work and he went back to sleep like nothing ever happened.

3 comments:

roonie said...

I love that kid.

Tiffany said...

the two of you have a true storybook romance. i am so happy for you. :) it also gives me hope that that kind of love really DOES still exist....not just an urban legend....

ZenDenizen said...

It killed me when I said I like the romance/courting stage to last as long as possible and an acquaintance remarked, "why so you can get in more free meals?!" UGH.

Kudos on your wonderful experience...

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...