Friday, May 4, 2007

The Good Ones


I get a lot of crap slung my way by anonymous trolls who like to marinate in hate. Hate gets them off. Whatever, I’m not going to stop blogging. I love that blogging has given me a sense of community, when the idea of community seems impossible. I have moved from Connecticut to Boston to the Bay Area to Los Angeles and won’t be surprised if we head out East in the foreseeable future. My blog keeps me connected with IRL and blogging friends. Loves it. I am posting an excerpt of a comment I received today that made my heart smile.

Hey I've been reading your blog for a long time, even though I'm a 23 year old guy and don't necessarily have that much in common with you other than the fact we're both brown.I have to admit, I keep coming back because your blog is like a daily dose of faith in love, even for a guy. Your openness, honesty and faith in your relationship are refreshing in a world so overcome by cynicism, infidelity and selfishness. I have to say you seem like the perfect wife, and Hubby is a lucky man.
I won’t ever stop believing in the good in people, even if that makes this L.A. chick a naiveté country bumpkin. For every one troll I encounter, I meet that many more wonderful and kind-hearted people. Mad love for all of you, and yes even you my trolls.

3 comments:

Esha said...

Blogger is so lucky because we all heart it so much. I love that comment you got! It also gives me hope that there are men that adore things like openness, honesty, faith, and fidelity. Also, I have to say that I've met people of so many different personalities unlike my own and it helps me gain perspective on why I believe what I believe. I have no idea who you are or even what you look like, but so many of your ideas are akin to mine and it's awesome to read what you write and nod my head in affirmation. :)

P.S: I heart your open and raw persona to be able to talk about things so freely. I really admire that in people.

Mediocre Blogger said...

Way to stay positive, BC. Much respect.

Nayantara said...

hi!
i feel like this is the perfect opportunity to out myself- i too am an avid reader of your blog. and though there have been a ton of posts i wish i could have commented on, for some reason haven't. all that changes...right now!
:)

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...