Thursday, August 16, 2007

Cafe Talesai: Green Papaya Salad


Cafe Talesai** is a crazy good Thai restaurant. Hubby is in love with their pad thai. I have fallen hard for the papaya salad.

Papaya Salad: Shredded green papaya, tomato, green beans, cashew nuts, in a chili-lime & garlic dressing.
Divine. I don't even like papaya regardless whether it's ripe or unripe. I was blown away by my intense love for this salad. Tart, crisp, harmonious papaya dancing in my mouth with this tangy, spicy and fresh dressing. I could eat this everyday.

I never understood how salads were meals. I've had salads at some awesome places on the East Coast. I'd almost always prefer something else than salad as a meal. But then I discovered salad in Los Angeles. It's a meal. Nothing plain or boring. The vegetables are so fresh and bursting with flavor. Salad everyday would be no more problem for me.

**I've only been to the Beverly Hills location. The other location does not have the papaya salad either.

1 comment:

Scorps1027 said...

salads can defly be a meal as long as you keep it interesting and varied and add enough "filling" ingredients. the key to a good salad for me is a lot of variety and the dressing of course. I've had a great papaya thai salad at a nyc thai place. i still dream about it from time to time and i usually dont' like papaya, either!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...