Monday, December 3, 2007

Day 3: Taiepie, Taiwan

The breakfast spread at the hotel floored me: dumplings, Chinese rice porridge, eggs, sausage, bacon, hash browns, every kind of pastry you could dream of, every kind of delicious hearty cereal, tons of fruit, nuts, dried fruit, smoked salmon, cheese, deli meats, tofu, vegetables, full service coffee/espresso made to order and more that I can't remember. I wanted to take pictures but felt like a dork!

I met up with hubby after breakfast and I walked with him while he had to do a work thing. I then took off to see 2-28 Memorial Peace Park. Argh, everything is closed on Mondays. I just saw the outside of the 2-28 Museum, Taiwan Museum & Museum of Contemporary Art. Here are some pics:

I then wandered around the Taipei Underground Wall. It was very cool. A mall underground near the subway station. People in Taiwan are hardcore into 80's clothes.

Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hal, art gallery & cultural office CLOSED for renovations!!!! Oh my luck! I snapped some pics of the outside *Le Sigh*:

I wandered around Taiwan, just taking in the smells and the sights. I had fun doing nothing else but people watching. I enjoyed a boba milk tea during my walk.

I'm back at my hotel now and I am exhausted. I have burned more calories than it is possible for me to consume in a day (I'm not complaining!). I need to take a nap before I hit the night markets tonight. My feet are killing me!

4 comments:

Dilly Bar said...

DAMN -- why am I not there with you... WHY?!!

Dilly Bar said...

Funny how they offer americanized food too. And I thought the residence inn had good breakfast...

Dilly Bar said...

wheres day 4?

Dilly Bar said...

I need more details!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...