Monday, March 31, 2008

Thanks for being an idiot!

Today's ultrasounds showed 2 follicles -- at 12 mm and 14 mm. So my body is reacting to the Clomid (but not well). My doctor wants to inseminate me on Friday at 4:30 PM. Dr. S said he's comfortable triggering at 17 mm. The follicle should grow 1 mm per day. That means by Friday, theoretically, the follicle should be at 18 mm. He fucking better do an ultrasound to confirm the follicle size.

Anna, the nurse, was advised by Dr. S to tell me to take the HCG trigger shot at 5:30 AM on Wednesday. On my drive to the pharmacy to pick up the HCG trigger shot, I did math in my head. It would be 60 hours from the shot to my insemination. That didn't sound right. I was positive that the insemination should occur 24-36 hours after the trigger shot. I called the office and spoke to Anna and she said, "I'll check with the doctor." Anna called me back 30 minutes later and said, "Sorry, we made a mistake. You trigger on Thursday at 5:30 AM." Yes, ME, the patient with no medical license caught the error. Dr. S' office was way off by about 24 hours. Not feeling so warm & fuzzy inside. Nervous.

I need to ask Dr. S the following questions on Friday:
1) What are your personal success rates?
2) What is the next step if I don't become pregnant this cycle?
3) Do you plan on checking the follicle size on Friday before the insemination?
4) How do we avoid triggering too early in the future?

1 comment:

LL said...

Good for you on being so on top of your own health and medical treatment. It's amazing how often good doctors make mistakes. And if there's one thing I've learned with all Landon's medical drama it's ask questions, ask for second opinions, and trust yourself. Good luck!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...