Thursday, April 14, 2011

WWJS?

I was raised Roman Catholic (even confirmed dudes).  But I'm not really into the whole Catholic thing.  That said, some of my fave people are Catholics so nothing against Jesus or religion or any of that stuff.  It just doesn't really resonate with me.  But I would high five Jesus, for sure.  I think he is a cool dude, I'd peg him for a toker.



I've noticed that is' not hip or cool or even necessarily appropro to say things like "Don't ya know that God loves you.  Jesus LOVES you."  But it's all good to say, "The universe blesses you with her divine energy."  Blame it on the hipsters.  Jesus is like so 1985, universe is totally 2011.

On my death bed, I'll confess my sins and pray to JC.  But you won't find me at Mass on any given Sunday, even though I have every intention of baptizing my kids (option has value).   Maybe I should get them "baptized" in every religion -- Jews for Jesus may just be the chosen people, who knows.

All silliness aside, it's beautiful to have convictions and faith that help make you a better person.  I want in on salvation.  I want a direct connection with the Divine.

2 comments:

Florentina said...

so true about the universe blessings... religion and higher powers are just like damn fashion.

Dilly Bar said...

yeah blame it on the hipsters!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...