Friday, September 16, 2011

Grounding Children Through the Root Chakra


Image source:  http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3121/2355335638_8c0f670ee1.jpg

We exchange energy with one another everyday.  The following passage explains this concept clearly:
As we interact with each other we exchange pieces of ourselves in the form of energy, moods, opinions and behaviors. These pieces float around our space and often begin to cloud our perceptions and actions. A good example is when you interact with someone who’s in a terrible mood. In just a few minutes you could find yourself in a terrible mood as well, even though the circumstances of your day have not changed at all. This is because you are picking up someone else’s “stuff” and holding onto it. You begin to function through those elements as though they were your own. 
Another great example is a toxic relationship.  You start taking on the energy of that person.  Perhaps you start feeling insecure (like him), emotionally volatile (like him), heavy (like him), etc.   


Grounding helps you remove all of this junk.  I like this woman's explanation of how she grounds her energy:
Staying 'Grounded' is very important. There are many methods of how this is done. I personally like something that is fast and easy to do. Intention and visualizing are quick easy methods and can be done in a second at anytime, without anyone even noticing! The first thing I do is ask Gaia (Mother Earth) her permission for my grounding cord to enter the core of her being. Then I visualize a clear cord or clear rope coming from my root chakra (tail bone area) and entering Gaia. It grows in length, and continues to grow until it has been fully anchored into the core of Gaia. This grounding cord releases negative energy and also brings in positive energy. Set your intention to send all the negative energy down this cord, physically exhale, releasing it into Gaia. After the negative energy has all been released, with intention bring up the positive life-giving earth energy with a physical inhale. Thank Gaia and do not worry that this will hurt her, it doesn't! Have your kids make a monkey chain cord. It's the intention that works!
So my toddlers are very much affected by energy.  If I am calm and at peace, they generally are.  I've started the dialogue about meditation, but at 2 years old they don't exactly sit there and meditate when they have a temper tantrum.  However, as their mother, I am energetically very much connected to them (being a mom rocks!).  I plan on grounding my children every time shit starts to get cray-cray.  I will imagine an umbilical cord coming from their root chakra and anchoring itself into the earth.  I will also imagine all of the negative and unbalanced energy leaving them.


So incredibly grateful to be a mother.  A^2 are such precious gifts from the divine.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...