Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th of July

This is the first holiday without dad. It's strange. I wonder if any holiday will ever be as good with this void in our lives.
We're making the most out of the 4th as we can. My mom is here. This means that my apartment is spotless b/c she cleaned it like a PSYCHO yesterday (I'm talking deep cleaning people). This means that I have eaten far too many meals. This also means my lunch will be packed for work tomorrow as it has been all week. Thanks Mom!

She's happiest being here with me and hubby. It just breaks my heart every time my mom says, "I wish your dad were here. He would love this." I know he would.

Safe and happy 4th to all:)

2 comments:

Mediocre Blogger said...

I'm glad your family seems to be healing from your loss.

roonie said...

Every change in life makes things different, but not better or worse.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...