Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Getting Knocked Up




Who would ever have thought that getting knocked up could be so difficult with so many horror stories of unwanted pregnancies/accidents?

I’m kinda pissed. From age 12 (when I got my first period), I’ve always been irregular. My period likes to be on vacation and doesn’t visit often. I am always late, sometimes a month or two, for no rhyme or reason. For example, I had my last period on August 30th and have not had it since (and no I’m not preggers). I’ve been going to an OBYGN since age 18 and my doctor has never thought my irregular cycle was a problem EXCEPT for the visit I had 2 weeks ago when I told my OBGYN that hubby and I were trying to get preggers. Once I told her about my irregularity in conjunction with the fact I'm trying to have a baby, she scared the living daylights out of me and stated, "wow, I'm really worried about your fertility you might have some cysts on your ovaries ... we need to run a battery of tests". Oh joy -- lots of poking with needles. The test came back all normal. The OGBYN is still very concerned. Now I’m concerned.

OBGYN and I have been playing phone tag for the past week, but in each message she leaves for me, she tells me that something has to be “done” regarding my irregular cycle. I just don’t like this. I know that I shouldn’t jump the gun and get ultra-paranoid but it’s hard to not worry about this issue. I just want to be able to have a healthy baby.

Is it so hard to ask that my husband be able to knock me up? Well I’ll certainly do my part every night in trying to get knocked up.. on that note – Ciao hubby’s home!

4 comments:

Renee said...

hi ani, i'm going to ask my best friend who had a very similar problem what worked for her. she did something right eventually and got pregnant in under a year--her healthy bouncing baby boy just turned one!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

CM said...

Has it been a while? I thought you started trying fairly recently, although I'm not sure why I have that impression. If not, it's probably true that your irregular cycle would make it take longer, but I don't see why your OB would be so worried if your previous doctors have all said you were fine.

Anyway, have fun trying. :)

Bengali Chick said...

Thanks Renee and Bidismoker. CM we haven't been trying for long. But what can I say, I'm a worrier.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...