Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Do You Know When You Ovulate?

Meditation has made me more acutely aware of my body. I’ve started to notice a few things. I’m on day 15 of my cycle (your cycle starts on the first day of your period) and a few days ago I noticed cramping sensation. On Sunday night I felt brief cramping in my vagina, strong cramping, while at Trader Joe’s. Every day since I’ve felt mild cramping in my left ovary, it comes and it goes and is not painful.

Other symptoms I am experiencing:


  • My skin is currently glowing, I mean off the hook radiant-glowing.
  • I need zero foreplay; my vagina is lubed up with less than a minute of foreplay.

Of course there’s the possibility that perhaps this is something unusual and not simply a sign of ovulation; my gut is telling me otherwise.

What about you, does your body tell you when you’re ovulating?

4 comments:

~Little Bull~ said...

Usually if you are lubed up and ready to go, that means you are ovulating...if the vaginal mucous is thin enough for little spermies to swin through, you are good to go! I always know when I'm ovulating....I have a few more days to go. *crossing my fingers for both you and I*

Anonymous said...

forgive my ignorance, but i am in a profession where all people do is talk about bodily functions...and even as a teenager/young adult i am SHOCKED by how little people know about the most common body functions, esp women. Hell, we go through this mad roller coaster every month, and STILL i get people asking me, so how do i know when it's a safe time to have sex/good time to get pregnant...etc etc. Esp East Indian women. granted, there's talk and then there's TALK, but dont women in EVERY culture talk about this stuff??

Bengali Chick said...

Anon: Unfortunately many women do not seem to know much about their body or fertility. Most of my girlfriends are professionals and none seem to truly know when they're ovulating. It's something they never learned.

I believe the reason why many women don't don't educate themselves on fertiliy is honestly they don't "need" to, we have the pill or other contraceptive devices. Plus, generally the teens through 20's are about trying not to get pregnant. Who needs to know about ovulating when there's the pill or an IUD.

It's only when I wanted to get pregnant did I start my education on fertility awareness. This is the type of stuff I will definitely teach my children.

One more thing, this was not a subject discussed in my house. Sex ed classes tell you little about ovulation, essentially that it happens in the middle of your cycle (which is not always true), and to use a condomn.

I think I'll be posting soon about fertility awareness and a woman's reproductive system. It's an issue I'm passionate about.

roonie said...

I have no idea when I ovulate. I frankly don't care, at this point. As long as I get my monthly visitor in a timely fashion, and everything is a-okay on my Pap, ovulation is the least of my cares.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...