Monday, March 5, 2007

O Naturale Beauty, I am NOT

I never realized quite how horrible I must look without makeup. I have good skin, so it's not foundation I'm talking about;but eye makeup transforms my face. Without makeup I am a Plain Jane or just plain fugly.

Thursday morning I dropped my car off for maintenance and picked it up in the evening.

The AM Look:
  • Hair in a ponytail
  • Glasses
  • Chapstick

The PM Look:

  • Contacts
  • Bare Escentuals
  • Becca under eye concealer
  • Dior eyeshadow
  • Almay liquid black eye liner
  • Kohl pencil liner
  • Fresh Mascara
  • Lacome blush
  • Max Factor lipstick in Sepia
  • Hair down and swinging in full curl glory

The service man's jaw dropped when he saw me in the evening. He even said, "Wow, you're the same girl from the morning.. wow." He then went to check out my ring finger and frowned.

I took the time to get ready this morning. Every co-worker stopped by my office to compliment me. When I am sans makeup, the co-workers probably feel it's more polite and not say, "Sh*t man, you look like ass." My coffee lady stopped during mid-purchase to exclaim, "Wooooow... yooou're so preeeeeetty." Did I mention that my office-mate of 3 months at my previous job didn't recognize me the one day I came to the office in sex-i-licious Bengali Chick mode?

Co-worker: Hi. Are you new here?
Me: It's me, Bengali Chick!
Co-worker: [shocked expression on face] Oh! You look really nice. [Checks out ring finger]

Moral of the story: O naturale is crap... that sh*t doesn't work for me.

10 comments:

~Little Bull~ said...

You are gorgeous no matter what!! NERD!!
I remember when I first started dating the boyfriend, we went camping for 4 days! I was so scared that I would chase him off by my sans makeup face...but he told me on the last day that I was the sexiest girl he's ever met, with or without makeup, but he preferrs no makeup!
I know hubby thinks the same about you! Why else would he have taken you off the market so quickly!! DUH!

West Coast Mommy said...

of course everyone looks better with makeup, but I have a feeling you look good without makeup as well. since you have the misconception that you look bad without makeup you probably give off a negative vibe. and when you know you look hot you give off a totally different energy! i'm totally into this law of attraction thing now, can you tell??

Bengali Chick said...

little bull: thank you:) sean is a cutie. hubby also prefers me sans the goop.

WCM: I'll try an experiment one day where I will truly believe that I look hawt w/ zero makeup and see how I feel and how others view me!

Christina said...

This is the funniest entry I've seen in a long time, and soooo true! Thank you for the nice comments you left on my blog, I hope you stop by again soon

Pritilata said...

I am with West Coast Mommy. How we look to the world (I believe) is a reflection of the energy we send out to the world. So I am sure you are most beautiful when you are happy and at peace.

As an aside, it does sound like you are a very talented makeup artist!

All the guys I have dated have told me I look most beautiful without makeup and without fussing with my hair/outfit. That is probably because in such a state I can really be at ease and just be myself :)

brown sugar said...

I actually don't own any make-up (not even lipstick), but I'm thinking about biting the bullet and trying it out (gotta revamp my love life). Maybe your list might be a good place to start :-).

Bengali Chick said...

Brown Sugar, I am in love with makeup. Any questions regarding makeup, throw them my way!

Bengali Chick said...

Brown Sugar, I am in love with makeup. Any questions regarding makeup, throw them my way!

chai said...

yeah. although i havent met you irl, i am positive you look smoking sans le makeup. make up just accentuates what you already have.

Roonie said...

Although I find the fact that people find you unrecognizable without makeup totally hilarious, I've SEEN you without makeup, and you are gorgeous. You are nuts. But I love the stories just the same.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...