Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Reading Material: Law of Attraction (LoA)

I want it now!

A great blog post on the #1 mistake people make when using the law of attractions: not only must you specifically ask for your intention but must put energy to bring the intention.


If you’re so gushingly enthusiastic about your intention that people keep telling you to shut up about it, you clearly have plenty of energy behind it.

Here’s an exercise:

Try holding the thought “I am happy” in your mind right now. Just humor me and hold that thought for a few seconds. Notice how you feel when you hold this thought.

Now hold that same thought (identical content)… but with more energy this time. Do whatever you think is necessary to make the “I am happy” thought more intense in your mind — smile, change your position, breathe more deeply, stand up, stick your chest out, look up, move around, etc. Hold the thought at that new energy level for a few more seconds. Notice the difference in how this thought feels compared to the first thought. Can you perceive the increased energy even as the pure content of the thought remains unchanged?

Now lower the intensity, and bring the energy of the “I am happy” thought back down. Strip the thought of all its energy, and reduce it in your mind to pure content. It is nothing but a boring sentence. Hold the thought as pure content for a few more seconds. Notice how that feels compared to the first two thoughts. Can you sense the energetic difference?

Why does it take so long?

Persistence my dear. Really put energy into the intention. Here is another blog post on this issue.

**I am extending my Secret Challenge indefinitely.

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...