Sunday, March 4, 2007

The Hypos Men Dread

Back to our regular programming... apologies for the troll interruptions:

Do you ever do it? Ask your s/o questions or hypotheticals that have no good answer? Yup, that’s what I’m guilty of… poor hubby.

Me: What if you were married to someone that wasn’t me. She was nice, but boring. The sex was twice a month. There was nothing wrong with this girl, she was smart and beautiful…you just weren’t in love with her. You had settled and gotten married to the wrong woman. Then you meet me and you realize that you made a huge mistake. We become friend. We fall in love. We feel the way we do now about each other, inseparable. Do you leave your wife FOR ME?

Hubby: [Looks up from his pile of documents] Huh? Honey I dunno. I couldn’t break my commitment to someone….that’s wrong[good man] But f*ck it’s you [yes, it is!]… this scenario sucks.

All of a sudden I was overcome with sadness. What if I never met hubby? What if I was not married to him? What if he was married to someone else? I ran to my husband, straddled him, buried my head in his neck, inhaled his scent and thanked God for every step in my life, even the missteps, that led me to this man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

...lol...this sounds SO me...i do this to the hubby all the time...he's gotten used to them now and just rolls his eyes every time i ask a "what if" question...

-ash

~Little Bull~ said...

you and I are so much alike...our poor guys!!

It will pass... said...

and thanked God for every step in my life, even the missteps, that led me to this man

When people ask me if I have regrets or if I would have done things differently, my response is always No, because if I didn't make the mistakes that I made, I would have what I have today... My hubby (despite his many flaws), my precious daughter, and my gigantic belly.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...