Friday, December 7, 2007

Day 7: Taipei, Taiwan

What a lazy day. I slept in until 10:30 am or so. I then soaked in the tub. Hubby walked in on me singing out loud like a kid, "splish splash I'm taking a bath." My bath tub in my new house is going to get some serious use.

I finally left the hotel around 2ish in the afternoon. I got off at the Ximen stop and explored Taipei's Ximending quarter. Ximending has tons of shops, bars, theatres and food. This is the ultra hip portion of Taipei. Girls are very much into fake eye lashes.

I tired out quickly and headed back to the hotel around 5 (I admit it, I got hungry). I can't believe I'm about to say this... hubby's work peeps are fantastic. I mean fantastic. Hubby's work peeps insisted that I come out to dinner with them to Sonoma Grill (a high end steak joint). Kooky eccentric but fun people. G insisted that no one speak about work (works for me!) The food was unbelievable.
(FYI: I am drunk off of French wine as I write this post)

-grilled mushroom with garlic
-first course: a full lobster -- the best lobster of my life
-second course: mushroom soup -- I don't even eat things that are creamy... all I can say is decadent heaven
-third course: mixed greens with a yogurt dressing
-fourth course: portobello mushroom and risotto with truffle oil
-fifth course: fried bananas, molten chocolate cake and ice cream

I am stuffed! We didn't talk about boring work shit. No corporate anything. The conversation was personal. Dare I say it, authentic??? My husband works for a really good place. The higher ups are genuinely kind. The head honcho gave me his significant other's telephone number and said, "S is very fond of you." He also told me that I'm beautiful. Hubby's work told hubby he needs to relax more and not work so hard. My husband is C-R-A-Z-Y. I admit it, I make hubby cooler. He is type A (A for ANAL). I'm type C (C for Chilled Out). I make him cool.. or I bring out his inner coolness. Hubby and I are totally different. I love how we just mesh together.

I had a really good time. Good food. Amazing wine. Lots of laughs. I feel a little weepy. Even though my husband is away for me for so many hours of the day, it makes me happy that he works for such good company and for good people. I could be the PR person for his job, seriously.

Time for sex! Taiwan is making me very horny. I dreamt about sex all night long. Hubby's in for a treat. Peace.

3 comments:

Dilly Bar said...

It was awesome of his coworkers to invite you out. And what a meal!

Esha said...

Yay for being back safe! I've been away for too long, darned exams. I'm back, I'm back!! :D

ZenDenizen said...

What a life affirming post.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...