Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Communing in Divinity

I miss the idea of what church could be.  Imagine a place to commune together, share ideas, awaken our inner divine... A place that helps us be better.  How awesome could this be for my girls and me!

Trust, I need at least a weekly reminder to keep my ego in check.  I need community!!

Some find this connection with others and the divine at Mass or church (or with a shrink/therapist).  "Church" is generally too traditional in form and substance for my taste.  And to be totally real, many of these independent spiritul type places not connected with a major world religion creep me out.  I watched one too many lifetime movies on cults.  Just sayin'.

I need a credible suggestion for community divine connectedness.  Suggestions (in Los Angeles would be even more lovely)? 

AK: Your suggestion for Buddhism has been duly noted and I will fo' sure check out!!

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...