Monday, August 8, 2011

Being Present

http://bookjourney.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/2.gif?w=230&h=203
Last night, we went grocery shopping.  The kids and S waited in the car while I quickly put away the frozen/fridge goods.  Then I started getting the heebeejeebees.
Childhood fears haunted me.  Afraid of being alone at our place.  Afraid of the monsters lurking in the shadows.

I said, "STOP!  Enough of this.  Focus on the present."  I focused first on my breathe and then the produce that had to be put away.  Soon enough, the idle fear chatter in my brain stopped.  I was at peace.

Anyone can become a jedi master=)  Can I just say, WOW -- this works!!!

No comments:

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...