Tuesday, December 6, 2005

Friends

As much as I love Cali -- I do miss the East Coast. All of my bestest friends in the entire world are 3,000 miles away. It's gotten so much harder as I get older to make good friends. Being in school made it easy -- I was surrounded by tons of my peers.

I miss just hanging out! I miss being able to just go over a friend's house and doing absolutely nothing and being able to enjoy that and feeling totally comfortable. Now I feel like I have to make "plans" -- let's get together for lunch, drinks, tea, etc. I miss the days of hanging out with P and R -- eating snacks, listening to Depeche Mode and thinking we were bad asses.

People are starting to get married, getting very busy with work, family... blah blah blah. Where are the chilling days when we had oodles of time to hang with our friends?

I know I'm to blame too. I don't make the time to really know people and make room for them in my life. I don't put forth as much effort as I should (tsk tsk -- I'm giving myself a stern look). Maybe it's nostalgia, but I swear, once upon a time, there really was no effort when it came to making friends.

Once upon a time I would get in the car and drive spontaneously to Montreal, drive to NYC in the middle of the night, fly across the country for a weekend trip, throw martini parties.... I used to have this amazing social life.

OH GOD -- I'm becoming pedestrian.

3 comments:

Bengali Chick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

V said...

Working all day sucks!!! Not enough time to play!!!

Chai said...

haha. totally understand you. it is tough, but if you want change, you got to change as well, right?

you'll find those friends again, i promise. as much as life takes us on different paths, there is always the need for family and friends at any time of day.

i feel ya.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...