Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Ohm

The Power of the Universe

I met an old man who led me in the direction of finding my spiritual teacher. He just appeared to me literally out of nowhere. I don't even have the words to really express what I experienced -- it's not tangible. It's not something I can explain intellectually if that makes any sense.

I've been chanting Ohm every morning (still need to buy mala beads). He taught me that the answers I'm looking for are not in my head and I need to search deeper. He also taught me that there is meaning in everything and I need to stop desperately looking for what is right in front of me. He taught me that happiness is fleeting and only replaced with misery and what I should seek is contentment. He taught me that my spirit is old and I have answers within and we are one consciousness. He taught me to approach every task with, "I need to remember how to do this" rather than "I need to learn."

I feel like I'm going somewhere that I've only dreamt of entering and I'm scared and dying with anticipation at the same time. There is so much that happened this weekend and I can only share brief snippets of this orgasmic discovery but wish I could share it all.

4 comments:

Anjali said...

Wonderful blog...Welcome to the Palo Alto area.
Hope the colon cleanse went well? I have health issues too so just curious.

Eve said...

Glad you made a decision that you're happy with... I'm happy for you! :) I wish you guys all the best!! I assume Hubby's taking the barzam in July?

Bengali Chick said...

Thanks Anjali! Palo Alto is growing on me but still miss SF! The colon cleanse was kick ass -- well eating charcoal was disgusting but the side benefits were awesome. I'd be more than happy to tell you more about it.

I'm happy to Eve. I feel like it's kinda coming together right now. Hubby is taking the barzam in July and I know he's going to be really "good" during studying and not as crabby as I was -- oops! We'll be moving to LA shortly afterwards. I'm in a fabulously good mood today.

Chai said...

wow, i totally get your vibe. love it and congrats with your contentment in the decisions you have made.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...