Friday, July 14, 2006

Music and Friends

What a great combination, no? Tomorrow evening, a few friends and I are going to the Getty Center for Global Delights, “The rich melodies of the Indian subcontinent combine with electronica and trip-hop for an evening of cross-cultural grooves.” I’m super excited. Plus it’s free, and free is always good. The Getty is absolutely gorgeous.

Before the music, friends are coming over for a luncheon. I love throwing parties where there’s food of course. Last night, in preparation, I made my mom’s kheer which is too die for good. The pudding becomes more of a custard consistency. I used to eat it like a fiend growing up. Of course I stopped by the Indian grocery store to pick up a few items.

This will be the menu:

Pulloa (basmati rice with goodies)
Besan Dosa
Bombay Potato Curry
Dahl
Chana Masala
Tandoori Chicken and Tofu
Kheer & Chai

I’m going straight home after work today and cook like a machine!

4 comments:

sherni said...

Yummy! Invite me! =)

Bengali Chick said...

I wish you were in Cali!!!

Chai said...

yummmy. :)

Roonie said...

I'm waiting for the elevator story...

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...