Monday, July 31, 2006

Some Free Events in LA

Yes, I’m still awake and I understand it’s almost 3:30 AM. Stupid volunteering. Granted, I love the film festival, but damnit it’s serious work.

Anyhow, during my procrastination, I decided to look up cool things to do in LA that are free….here’s a few that I found.

Movies @ Santa Monica Pier every Tuesday in August and September

Music @ Santa Monica Pier July and August every Thursday in August.

Summer @ the Hammer Museum in Westwood
(awesome art and music, saw Indie rock concert last week)

Art & Music @ Getty Center –Summer
(awesome music with kick ass views and art of course)

Hollywood Farmer’s Market every Sunday @ Ivar Avenue and Selma Avenue
Food, arts & crafts, veggies, produce, ya name it!

Venice Abbot Kinney Festival
Sunday, Sept. 24th
Don’t know much, but the website says, “2 stages of live music, dancers and performance artists, a spectacular children's court, 3 food areas, a Spirit Garden, Art Pavilion and over 300 vendors featuring original, handcrafted goods”

Halloween Carnival, West Hollywood, October 31st @ Santa Monica Blvd.
Dress up in costumes!!!

Okay, so back to the grind of work, eff me!!

7 comments:

Roonie said...

I've heard riotously good things about the WeHo Halloween Festival. It's outrageous. We have to go. And get lots of people to come with.

Is the stuff at the Hammer still going on? I think you went to the last show for the summer.

And there's a big music festival at Sunset Junction (here in Silver Lake) during the last weekend in August (the last FULL weekend). Some cool bands are going to be there.

West Coast Mommy said...

I've heard great things about some of these events you've listed.

so, in reference to a previous post you made regarding making desi friends in LA, I have a friend for you. In fact the more I read your blog, the more I know you will get along with her. She's Bengali, very liberal, was involved with the film festival a couple of years back and also with Artwallah (don't know if you are familiar with them - they're a arts org for the south asian diaspora). so at some point you will have to meet her.

Bengali Chick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Bengali Chick said...

Roonie-- We gotta go to the WestHo event, I'm siked.

WCM: Hook a girl up! I volunteered with Artwallah this year and I'm currently volunteering at a film festival. I want to meet you too!! I'm not tech sauvvy enough to post my email on my blog, so drop me a line @ the.bengali.chic@gmail.com

Chic Mommy said...

I want to move to LA

Bengali Chick said...

CM, I seriously detested Patheticut (CT), I never had anything to do. I love LA!!!! I feel your pain sista, I spent 25 years in butt-fug no where CT.

sherni said...

testing

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...