Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Sweetness I must Share

This week has been a crrrrazy at work. I’ve been working late. On top of that someone from our national office has come for additional training purposes. So it basically stinks.

I come back to my office after extensive training and my head dizzy from learning about various laws and I notice sitting on my file cabinet a vase full of gorgeous flowers (roses and wildflowers). The entire room smells beautifully fragrant. I know it has to be hubby but how did he get into my office? You need a security card to get inside! I was stumped. I read the card, which is full of sweetness…..

I get the scoop later from hubby. Hubby goes up the elevator to my floor. He sees co-worker J. J recognizes hubby. Hubby asks her if she would mind putting the bouquet on my desk. J, smitten by hubby’s sweetness, gladly fills up my vase with water and replaces my old flowers with new gorgeous ones!!!!

4 comments:

Chic Mommy said...

wow. i'm so jealous. I've never gotten flowers at work, even though I asked him to do it.. You're lucky.

Bengali Chick said...

A friend once told him, "always buy your wife flowers, consider it cheap insurance." Hubby is an economics man and that logic worked for him.

West Coast Mommy said...

that is so sweet of your hubby...you're a lucky girl!

btw BC, I sent you an email but realized you don't know my real name so you may not open it...the subject just says hello or hi or something generic like that.

Bengali Chick said...

WCM: Worried, I didn't get the email! Can you resend it? Effin' gmail.

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...