Sunday, September 17, 2006

Review: The Beauty Bar

My hood is full of uber fun places to go out. Saturday night we went out to the Beauty Bar located on the intersection of Hollywood and Cahuenga. It’s so freaking cute. The club is decorated reminding one of the beauty school dropout scene in Grease. The walls are painted a glittery pink. The seats are old-fashioned hair dryer chairs. Vintage hair dryers and old-school beauty products decorate the glittery pink walls. Apparently during happy hours there is a martini and manicure special! The crowd was hipster and the music was an eclectic blend of music with a beat to dance too.

I absolutely loved this bar (sans the drinking of course). Even with no drinking the bar was a great place to party. The hipsters got all crazy groovy with their dance moves which made me feel liberated enough to pull out some of my own crazy-shizzle.

Definitely am going back the Beauty Bar – just a fashionable place to get your groove on.

2 comments:

Roonie said...

I've heard good things about that place!

Bengali Chick said...

We gotta go dude!

ZONKERS, refound my blog (THIS blog) from 2005

Wow, it's cringe worthy in all of its honest glory.  I am in the middle of re-reading almost 500 posts.  It's awesome to relive most...